Connect with us

ENTERTAINMENT

R. Kelly Unable To Meet With His Lawyers Amid Fears Of Coronavirus

Published

on

Singer, R. Kelly, was unable to meet with his lawyers due to the coronavirus pandemic

TMZ reports that the 53-year old was due to see his legal team last week at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago, where he is currently behind bars following his new federal charges in New York, but the lawyers were allegedly sent back by corrections personnel amid fears of the spread of coronavirus.

The publication claimed that the lawyers wanted to check on Kelly’s well-being as well as to discuss his legal strategy, but the Bureau of Prisons in Illinois has insisted jail staff  are suspending visits for the next 30 days.

A representative for the Bureau of Prisons also told TMZ that they are making their determinations with an eye toward avoiding unnecessarily exposure of inmates and others, but says they also understand the “importance of allowing the inmates’ access to lawyers” and so will try to accommodate.

R.Kelly was recently hit with a new indictment which includes charges of coercion and enticement, coercion of a minor, and transportation of a minor across state lines.

His alleged victims, listed as Jane Doe #5 and Jane Doe #6 claimed that Kelly never informed them he had herpes during their relationship, with Jane Doe #6 claiming she was exposed to the virus because they had unprotected sex.

In addition, the singer has also been hit with new racketeering charges including allegations he used, “force, threats of force, physical restraint and threats of physical restraint.”

R.Kelly is currently also facing 13 charges in Illinois and has pending cases in Illinois state and Minnesota with further charges in Brooklyn, New York, that include sex trafficking, racketeering, and child pornography.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENTERTAINMENT

Save Me! Veteran Singer, Baba Fryo Cries Out For Help As He Battles Depression

Published

on

By

Nigerian Ghetto singer from Ajegunle, Friday Igwe is popularly known as Baba Fryo has come out to plead to Nigerians to save him from the depression he is battling.

Baba fryo who is known for releasing street songs like Dem go dey pose in the late 90s, sang with a popular Nigerian music style known as Galala.
Recall, ‘Denge Pose’ crooner was brutalized last year by unknown soldier last year, the incident left the singer’s leg fractured.
Ever since he has expressed how humiliated he felt.

Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Nollywood: We’ll Opt-Out Of AGN If Abbo’s Appointment Is Terminated – Northern Actors Threatens

Published

on

By

Northern region Nollywood actors have reacted to the call by other actors of the same industry calling for the termination of the appointment of Adamawa senator, Senator Elisha Abbo as a patron of the Actor’s Guild of Nigeria (AGN).

Reports say that several members of the Actors Guild of Nigeria have come out to denounce the appointment Senator Elisha Abbo as AGN patron.

Reacting to the rejection of the senator, Northern actors threatened that they will opt-out of the  Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) should the appointment be terminated.

Speaking on Abbo’s appointment, the Chairman of the Adamawa state chapter of the AGN, Jimi Lot noted that the lawmaker bagged the appointment due to his philanthropic acts.

Jimi while speaking in a chat with newsmen said that the senator should not be deprived of his appointment because of his previous case of which he has tendered his apology.

He said; “Even Jesus forgives so why wouldn’t Nigerians accept Senator Abbo’s apologies and forgive him over the assault.

“The guild is not going to withdraw the appointment. We the northern actors will not agree on this and will not take this if the guild tries to do otherwise.”

“If they attempt to do that, we are going to secede. The northern actors will break up from the guild and form our own in the North since our choice cannot be respected,” he said.

Adamawa Times recalls the Senator is standing trial after a viral video of him beating a nursing mother in an Abuja sex toy shop emerged on the internet last year.

Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Blind lawyer who never lost a case proves disability is not inability

Published

on

By

A 58-year-old blind lawyer identified as Geoffrey Asadu has shown that disability is indeed not inability; not even visual impairment could stop this determined man from becoming one of the topnotch lawyers.

Physically-challenged Geoffrey Asadu went through all the difficult circumstances to become who he is now.

He aspired to become a lawyer with a clean record of not losing any case, and that’s what he has been doing for over two decades.

Geoffrey is reported to have told The Sun, that he was six when he suddenly went blind. He had a headache that lasted for about three days before he was rushed to the hospital, and that was the beginning of his blindness.

“As the headache continued, I was taken to Akulue Hospital, Nsukka, where I was administered with one drug by one medical doctor, who owned the hospital. I was given an injection by the doctor for three days.

“On the third morning, I was supposed to go to the hospital but I was surprised to discover that I couldn’t see. I became totally and automatically blind. I got up that morning but couldn’t see. I groped and started shouting that I wasn’t seeing again,” Geoffrey Asadu said.

All efforts by family members to ensure he regained his sight including visiting other hospitals proved abortive.

“We even went as far as Kano state but all to no avail. My sight couldn’t come back, till today. My father did everything he could to make me see again but it was no longer possible,” he added.

After every effort failed, Asadu decided to accept his condition in good faith but not to give up on his dreams. He pursued his law education and became a certified lawyer despite the visual impairment.

He said: “I have not lost any case in court since I started practising more than 25 years now. I am feeling so much fulfilled. I don’t think there is anything I could have achieved better or more if I was not blind.”

Geoffrey Asadu is married with seven children, two of whom are now graduates.

He urged fellow physically-challenged people not to see their condition as an excuse to degrade themselves but to aim high and pursue their dreams.

“It is not a certificate for them to start begging on the streets and other undignified activities. Let them look into themselves and see what they can do for themselves. They should start a small business or any craft, rather than begging.” Asadu advised.

He called on the governments of various countries to prioritize the welfare of physically challenged persons in their various jurisdictions to enable them to contribute their quota to the development of the society.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2020 ADAMAWA TIMES www.adamawatimes.com All Rights Reserved.

You cannot copy content of adamawatimes.com